Painting contractors can accomplish more than roll paint on your walls. The advantage of recruiting an expert is that they can take care of business quickly, including aftercare.
Before we discuss how to hire the best painting contractor, the following are some of the things you can expect if you hired somebody to do a paint job for your home.
- Moving furniture and setting them aside so contractors can access the areas that need to be painted. The owner is regularly answerable for moving little articles.
- Inclusion of all areas that won’t be painted.
- Preparation of surfaces such as scraping and sanding of walls to ensure a smooth finish.
- Painting two layers of paint on dividers and roof.
- Painting the trim and embellishment.
- Paint finishings of missed spots.
- Cleanup and removal of coverings/drop materials
Interior or Exterior Job?
Some contractors only have expertise in one. So, make sure you do your research. Research contractors are available in your area. A painting contractor should have, at a minimum, a license and current insurance coverage. Ask about the contractor’s experience and his familiarity with interior materials and the best paint brands. Ask about their years of experience and their level of expertise, whether they can do small or big jobs.
Look for Google Review
Local businesses are normally registered online. See if you can find some Google My Business reviews and find out what previous clients are saying about the particular painting company. Reviews matter because they will tell you the kind of contractor you are about to hire.
Look for personal referrals
Most painting contractors are small, local companies. Services can vary depending on your needs such as plaster repairs, trim and molding, or wallpapering. Ask your friends if they have some recommendations.
Things to ask your contractors:
- People who will be personally involved in the project. Are they employees or subcontractors?
- Is the contractor licensed or insured?
- What brand of paint do you use?
- Is the price of the paint included in the estimate?
- How many coats of paint are included?
- What is your payment method?